When I was a kid, I loved cream cheese frosting. So much that if we had any around I could eat an entire batch in one sitting. No kidding! The problem was that we bought the frosting in the tubs from the inner aisles of the grocery store. Not such great ingredients in those. They are full of hydrogenated fats, artificial colors, and poor quality sweeteners. Then I had my first taste of real cream cheese frosting, homemade! So delicious. I will never use tub frosting again. Plus, with this frosting recipe you even get healthy fat into your favorite sweet treat!
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese, room temperature — like this
- 1 stick grass fed butter, room temperature — like this
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar — where to find
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of your mixer
- Using the whisk attachment, process until creamy
- Add in the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time on slow speed in your mixer (otherwise you will have a cloud of sugar in your kitchen!)
- Whisk until nice and creamy
- Use immediately, it will harden in the fridge
- Lasts several days in the fridge and can be softened by leaving out on the counter a bit before using it
- Makes approximately 2 cups
- My favorite way to use this frosting is between layers of cake or as a topping for cupcakes. I find that my most popular birthday cakes are those made with cream cheese frosting between the layers and my paleo frosting on top!
- IF you have any leftovers, it also makes a tasty fruit dip!
The kiddos at our recent birthday bash certainly enjoyed it!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+