The contrast of flavors using sweet strawberries and salty feta complements the aniseed flavor of the fennel and the pepperiness of the arugula just beautifully in this delightful salad, which doesn’t take long at all to throw together!
- The Y vegetable peeler is the best tool to use to get super thin shavings of the fennel. If you do not have one, any vegetable or potato peeler would work (and the thinnest setting on a mandolin may be a suitable alternative if you have neither).
Combine fresh strawberries, fennel, and feta cheese for a light, refreshing salad. It's quick and easy to prepare so you can get it on the table fast for either lunch or dinner.
- Remove and discard the gnarly outer layer and root end of the fennel bulb. Use a good-quality vegetable peeler to shave as many pieces from all sides of the fennel bulb as possible. Aim for around 3.5 oz.
- Place the shavings into a bowl along with the arugula, strawberries, and crumbled feta.
- Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat evenly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g