I’ve dreamt of a magical sleep potion that not only gets my kids to sleep on time but also helps them wake up refreshed and NOT crabby. Well, after experimenting with my essential oils, I have not come up with a magical potion….but a cream! I apply it to my kiddos’ feet at night for occasional sleeplessness and to promote more restful sleep. Mom wins this round!!! I call my creation “Sweet Dreams Cream.”
Of course, I had to share my Sweet Dreams Cream recipe with you…
Note: I only use therapeutic-grade essential oils, especially when using them on my kiddos.
Sweet Dreams Cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil — I use this kind
- 1/2 cup shea butter — I use this kind
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil — where to find
- 15 drops each cedarwood and lavender
- Container of your choice — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE!
- Melt first three ingredients in a double boiler
- Place in fridge to return to solid
- Whip with a hand mixer
- Add the essential oils and whip some more
- Once it’s nice and whipped, put your Sweet Dream Cream into a jar and you are all set
- Apply Sweet Dreams Cream to your kids feet at night (or to your own feet!)
- If you really want to give it a boost, stir in some magnesium oil
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.