I used to take the eye makeup removing packets from my gym and use them at home. Sneaky, sneaky. I thought I was pretty smart too! That is until I turned the packet around and looked at the ingredient list! Yikes, I do not need those in my body thankyouverymuch. Naturally, I had to cook up my own homemade eye makeup remover that was free of toxic chemicals.
Homemade Eye Makeup Remover with Lavender
- If your coconut oil is not liquid (it is solid below 74*F), then warm up in a small saucepan over low heat until liquid
- Pour into small glass jar and add lavender essential oil
- Mix with a spoon until well combined
- Store in a dark place, like in your medicine cabinet in your bathroom (that’s where mine lives)
- Using a moist washcloth (or cut up t-shirt squares, see below for instructions on this), wrap the cloth around your index finger
- Dip your cloth-covered finger into the oil, don’t get too much oil or you will flood your eye
- Working from the inner eye out, gently rub your eye make up off
- That’s it!
Bonus: coconut oil is also moisturizing so it won’t dry out the delicate skin around your eyes!
T-shirt squares how-to:
- Cut up an old t-shirt that you had planned to throw away anyway, or you could always cut up one of those old annoying t-shirts that your husband wore in college and still thinks is hysterical like THIS ONE
- I cut mine into about 4″ squares and store in a glass jar under the sink
- Moisten the cloth squares and use one for each eye
- Wash and reuse!
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post