- Preheat oven to 210°F.
- Put the salt in with the whites and beat with a hand mixer until they start to foam up.
- Slowly add the sugar while continuing to mix on high.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Put mixture into a plastic bag and snip the bottom corner off, to make a piping bag.
- Pipe meringue onto parchment covered baking sheets.
- Bake at 210°F for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat in a small pot, add cream to thin down if necessary.
- Using a small paintbrush (never used for actual paint) or a toothpick to paint the faces on the meringues so they look like ghosts.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Ghostly Meringue Cookies” on Google+