I love rich desserts! Especially rich chocolatey desserts. Truffles have been one of my weaknesses ever since I could say “Lindor.”
After going Paleo, I pretty much stopped making treats because I wasn’t all that great of a baker to begin with…..and now with a limited list of ingredients to use, I decided to throw in the towel. That didn’t last long, however, because I have a little girl who wants to make cookies and treats for Christmas. Who could deny her that?! After much experimentation in the kitchen, I came up with Paleo Chocolate Truffles.
If you love rich desserts, you gotta make these rich chocolatey treats. They are so easy to make, you can get your kids in the kitchen to help make them.
- Soak the dates overnight in water, or (how I do it) bring them to a simmer for a few minutes in some water until they plump up.
- Put all ingredients (minus the “rolling” coconut) into a food processor.
- Blend until a paste forms.
- Using a spatula scoop mixture out and put it into another bowl.
- Cover the bowl and put it into the fridge to chill for at least one hour.
- Once the mixture is chilled and firm, use a cookie dough cookie-dough scoop to scoop uniform balls out (this handy little tool also helps keep the dough from sticking to the scooper!).
- Roll balls between hands to make them a perfect round shape.
- Roll them in the shredded coconut.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and chill in the fridge until firm.
- You can also freeze them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.