I am not a big fan of fish, but I am a big fan of the numerous health benefits. So I decided to ask for some assistance in the fish cooking department. I enlisted the expertise of a chef over in the UK and here is the awesome sauce that she came up with!
But first, here is a word on the fish of choice: Sea Bream is a variety of fish species that are very popular for eating, especially in Europe. Despite their popularity as seafood, these species remain very plentiful throughout much of the world and are sometimes considered sport fish. They are sought after because of their mild, white meat, considered some of the best of any white-meat fish.
Sea Bream also contains selenium, omega-three’s, B Vitamins, and phosphorus.
Spiced Grilled Sea Bream with Vegetables
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 4 sea bream fillets: deboned; skin-on
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small heads broccoli, trimmed florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (approx. 12)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Sea salt flakes — where to find
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Toast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a dry, hot pan until popping and fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Crush using a pestle and mortar.
- Pat the sea bream fillets dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the crushed spice over both sides of each fillet, pressing the spice into the flesh and skin. Set aside.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain and plunge the broccoli into a bowl of iced water to prevent further cooking. Once cooled, remove from the bowl and place on a tray lined with paper towels.
- Heat one or two tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan and grill the fish skin-side down for 3 minutes until you can see the skin is crispy when peeking underneath. Carefully remove the fish and place skin-side up onto an oven tray. (You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan.)
- Place the tray of fish in the oven to cook through, while you finish the vegetables.
- To complete the vegetables, simply wipe the pan and heat another tablespoon coconut oil. Lightly fry the broccoli and cherry tomatoes for 2-3 minutes, adding the garlic slices just towards the end of cooking. If you have any leftover spice mix, scatter over the vegetables.
- The fish will not take longer than 5 minutes to cook through in the warm oven, so it should all come together at the same time.
- Season the lot with sea salt flakes and serve immediately.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Spiced Grilled Sea Bream with Vegetables” on Google+