What could be easier to make than a frittata! I make them weekly. In the ongoing adventures of getting nutritionally-dense foods into my children, I came up with this recipe. I wanted to get them eating more eggs. They like sweet things. I didn’t want to use sweeteners. Looking around the kitchen I decided bananas would add sweet. I also added in the bacon because everyone loves BACON! Now my kids request their Banana Bacon Frittata.
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1-2 Tbsp bacon fat (from pastured, uncured bacon)
- 1 piece of crumbled bacon
1. Heat bacon fat in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Put eggs and banana into a blender. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
3. Pour mixture into hot skillet.
4. Crumble bacon on top.
5. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low.
6. Cook until there is no more liquid egg, and the edges begin to brown.
7. Garnish with bacon bits.
8. Serve. I sliced it with a pizza cutter into strips and served it as finger food to my little ones. Yum! Tastes sweet like french toast.