If you have brewed your own kombucha, then you have used a SCOBY. If you brew enough batches you will end up with lots and lots of SCOBY's! But somehow I seem to get attached to mine, I can't find it in me to throw them away. So they go in a SCOBY hotel in my fridge (aka a large glass jar). I have tried using them in my garden, making them into dog treats, and even sneaking them into smoothies. Then one day I thought maybe they would make good SCOBY Fruit Roll-Ups. I was right! They lend a great texture that really makes them like the fruit snacks you grew up eating, without all the junk! Plus, they have the added benefits of probiotics and fiber!
SCOBY Fruit Roll-Ups
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup SCOBY — where to find if you don't have one
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin powder (use coupon code REALFOOD10 for 10% off your entire order!)
- 1 tsp Stevia — where to find
- Use my handy little straw trick to remove the stems from your strawberries
- Grab your SBOBY's out of their SCOBY hotel
- Put everything into a high-powered blender and blend until creamy — almost foamy
- Spread evenly on a dehydrator tray — we use this one
- Dehydrate at no higher than 110°F, you don't want to kill the good critters in the SCOBY!
- Dehydrate until you can peel off of the dehydrator sheet in one piece
- Slice with a pizza cutter, store in a plastic bag
- They last for a few weeks in the fridge
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+