I love salmon, and I love pesto! Here, I cook salmon fillets to perfection and serve them with a pesto drizzle – which is simply pesto mixed with mayo. Fresh tomatoes and red onion finish this easy, generous salad off beautifully.
- I like my salmon still slightly dark pink in the center (as pictured). If you prefer your salmon more well-done, leave it in the oven for 1-2 minutes longer.
In less than 30 minutes, you'll have a delicious, hearty salmon salad that is perfect for brunch, lunch, or a light dinner. Salmon is a powerhouse full of healthy fats and vitamins. After your first bite, you'll want to add it to your weekly rotation!
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- Pat the salmon dry using good-quality kitchen paper towels. This ensures crispy skin! Season all sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper while you heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Fry the salmon skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy, then gently turn to sear all the sides until opaque. Transfer the fillets to a small baking tray (skin side-up) and place them in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl. Add a small splash of water to loosen it enough to be a ‘drizzle.’
- Toss the spinach in the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt. Divide the spinach between two salad bowls and add the tomato wedges and red onion.
- Serve the cooked salmon on top of the salad and drizzle with the creamy pesto mayo.
If you don't want to buy mayo, you can make your own here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g