I grew up eating tacos almost every weekend. It was one of our most requested “kid meals”. We would even have contests to see who could eat the most. My brother ate 7 tacos once, SEVEN! I still crave them. But, those little packets that made the tacos so delicious and so crave-able contain some less than savory ingredients (processed oils and MSG!). Just check out these labels…
Well, I rolled up my sleeves and decided to just make my own. The fun part about making your own is that you can mix it up a bit and add more heat! I know exactly what goes into my homemade taco seasoning now, no hidden chemical ingredients. They still taste amazing!
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/3 cup cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (this adds a great flavor!)
- ¼ cup sea salt
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir until combined.
2. Pour into a glass jar (I love these cute spice jars).
3. Store in your pantry and lasts indefinitely.
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
Image credit: https://www.tastespotting.com/features/homemade-taco-seasoning