My daughter started kindergarten this year! How the heck did that happen so fast? I took one look at that school menu and immediately committed to making her school lunches every single day! But, I didn’t want her to be eating carrot sticks and venison sausage while looking at all of the other kids happily eating pizza. I decided to come up with some health versions of the foods that her classmates might be enjoying. Grain Free Savory Waffle Pizzas was one of the first, and most popular recipes to date!
These are a treat for grown up lunches too!
Grain Free Savory Waffle Pizzas
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut cream — where to find
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour — where to find
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder — where to find
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 drops oregano essential oil — where to find (or you can use 1/2 tsp dried oregano, but the essential oil really gives it an amazing flavor!)
- Pinch sea salt
- Process until smooth, you will want it thick, not runny
- Pour into a hot greased waffle iron
- Let heat for 5-7 minutes
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings of your choice
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted, just a few minutes
- Serve immediately
- Alternately, you can melt cheese and pepperoni on top and then cut into sticks. Then dip the sticks into pizza sauce. This is how I send them to school with my kids so they don’t get soggy!
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+