My daughter started kindergarten this year! How the heck did that happen so fast? I took one look at that school menu and immediately committed to making her school lunches every single day! But, I didn’t want her to be eating carrot sticks and venison sausage while looking at all of the other kids happily eating pizza. I decided to come up with some healthy versions of the foods that her classmates might be enjoying. Grain-Free Savory Waffle Pizzas was one of the first and most popular recipes to date!
These are a treat for grown-up lunches too!
These healthy, delicious grain-free waffle pizzas are very easy and quick to put together for a school lunch or afternoon snack. Your kids will love them!
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth, you will want it thick, not runny.
- Pour into a hot greased waffle iron.
- Let heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Broil in the oven until cheese is melted, just a few minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternately, you can melt cheese and pepperoni on top and then cut them into sticks. Then dip the sticks into pizza sauce. This is how I send them to school with my kids so they don’t get soggy!
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!