Here in Minnesota, we love to bake casseroles, hot dishes, and egg bakes! You can out just about any meal in a large baking pan and bake it up all at once! We love tacos, so I decided to create a healthy Taco Egg Bake to make taco Tuesdays even easier.
Plus, this can be made ahead of time and just thrown into the oven about an hour before you want to eat! I even make a double batch and bake and freeze one to thaw and warm up later.
An easy dish to throw together and make ahead of time. Then just pop it into the oven for about an hour before you want to eat!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced peppers
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup raw whole milk
- 2 cups shredded raw cheddar
- 3 cups frozen organic hash brown potatoes
- 3 Tbsp organic taco seasoning
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in 2 Tbsp coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Grease a 9x11 glass baking dish with coconut oil and then spread frozen hash browns into the bottom of the pan. Next, spread pepper/onion mixture on top of the hash browns.
- Then top with meat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture on top of meat/onion/pepper mixture in baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350F, or until cheese begins to brown and the middle is set.
Jake LOVES this taco egg bake!
Watch the video recipe here