One of my favorite breakfasts to make is quiche because you can add so many different ingredients. While I love to load mine with tons of veggies, my husband loves to add in bacon and sausage! We switch it up all the time. Today, I wanted to share one that is veggie-based. Feel free to switch it up to your tastes.
This crustless, vegetarian quiche will be a hit with those living meat-free, or if you’re in the mood for a light breakfast, brunch, or lunch. It’s creamy and delicious, and pairs perfectly with a salad on the side. However, if you are missing the meat, it goes great with some tasty breakfast sausage! The macros are calculated that this quiche serves 4 people at 2 slices each. Enjoy!
Whip up this healthy meal for a hearty weekend brunch or a light lunch or dinner, paired with a side salad. It's low carb, gluten-free, and delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and line the base of a round quiche tart pan (7”/18cm) with parchment paper. Place the tin onto a baking sheet for ease when moving.
- Prepare all your ingredients: I like to slice the asparagus stalks into small pieces but leave the tips longer for aesthetic purposes.
- Bring a small pan of salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain well in a colander.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and crème Fraiche together until there are no lumps. Season with sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and add most of the tomatoes and drained asparagus so they are evenly spaced around.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the tray and toss on the remaining tomatoes and asparagus. This is so that some appear on the surface, else they will sink, so it’s for aesthetic purposes only.
- Return to the oven for 15 more minutes, then turn the oven off and leave the quiche in the oven for another 15 minutes to finish cooking through in the residual heat. (I always carefully rotate my tray halfway through baking too).
- slice it into 8 even-sized pieces, the macros are based on 4 people enjoying two slices each.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 305mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g