Growing up I loved pecan snowball cookies! They were delightfully dense and crumbly, with a light dusting of powdered sugar. So tasty!
So as my kids and I were working through classic cookie recipes, and making them healthier, these were quickly at the top of our list. We swapped out the wheat flour for grain-free flour and cleaned up the ingredients list. Let me tell you, they turned out amazing! Not one left on any of the cookie platters we brought to holiday celebrations! We hope you love them too!
This is an easy grain-free cookie recipe that the little ones can help with. They are delicious and perfect for a light snack or dessert.
2. Add vanilla, cassava flour, and salt.
3. Mix just until dough forms.
4. Add pecans and mix until combined.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat over to 350 F.
8. Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1-inch apart.
9. Bake cookies for 14 minutes, rotating halfway through.
10. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
11. Add powdered sugar to a small bowl.
12. Roll cookies in powdered sugar and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
13. Once cookies are completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar one more. Transfer to an airtight container to store.
If you don't want to make 72 cookies, you can just cut the recipe in half for 36 cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.