These are lovely little morsels made using almond flour and seasoned cheese! If you are feeding a larger crowd, simply double up all the ingredients and use a larger tray. Remember, the little cheese bites do puff up when baked, so leave a little space between them to ensure they don’t stick when baking. These garlic cheese puffs are best enjoyed warm and straight from the oven – and the kids will love them!
Grain-Free Garlic Cheese Puffs
This recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your home. They are perfect as appetizers, snacks, or paired with a salad, soup, or main entree.
- 3.5 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 2.1 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 3.5 oz almond flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Pesto (optional dip)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a small-medium baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the grated mozzarella and cream cheese into a wide, microwave-friendly bowl.
- Combine the almond flour, garlic, onion, and baking powders in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg.
- Microwave the bowl of cheese until completely melted, approx. 90 seconds. Immediately pour the melted cheese into the almond flour mix and use a wooden spoon to combine. Leave to cool for about a minute, then mix in the egg. You should have a "dough." You could do this in a food processor if it’s easier for you.
- Using cold, wet hands, form 12 ping-pong size balls of dough and roll them smooth. Place onto the prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then reduce to temperature to 350°F and bake for another 14-15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately with a little basil pesto as a dip!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g