This is a great little treat to add to those holiday cookie platters! Guests will be especially impressed if they have food allergies or are trying to eat lower sugar. It is not only gluten-free but refined sugar-free too! This recipe makes 48 little Madeleines, and the macros are based on 3 per person. Since Madeleine trays may differ in hole size (and therefore portion size), use the macros as a guideline.
- You will need two 24-hole Madeleine trays. Alternatively, bake one batch at a time be sure to grease and dust your tray again before the second bake. Having said that, they take so quickly to bake, you can easily get by with just one 24-hole tray and making one after the other.
- The melted butter must not be piping hot, so allow it to cool slightly before adding it to the eggs to prevent cooking the egg.
- Be sure to use gluten-free flour when dusting the tray to keep this whole recipe free of gluten.
A fluffy, airy sponge cake with the flavor of pumpkin spice that’s perfect for the fall and holiday season. You can feel good eating this tasty treat because they are refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and grain-free. Perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
- 4 oz gluten-free flour
- 2.5 oz Swerve® sweetener
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin spice mix
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3.2 oz melted grass-fed butter
- 2 large, free-range eggs, whisked
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Butter (or non-stick baking spray)
- Gluten-free flour for dusting the tray
- Swerve® confectioners’ sweetener, for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (180°C).
- Combine the flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin spice mix, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the melted (slightly cooled) butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mix and use a hand mixer to mix the mixture to a thick batter.
- Grease and dust the Madeleine tray, then use two teaspoons to fill the little holes in the Madeleine tray.
- Bake on the middle rack for 9-10 minutes.
- Gently remove and leave on a cooling rack to cool before dusting with a little Swerve® confectioners’ sweetener.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 1g