Growing up, we made a lot of different cookies at Christmas time, and these little Christmas cornflake wreath cookies were always my favorite. Basically a fancy version of a rice crispy bar, but made with cornflakes instead. These may be simple to make, but they really do impress! You might want to double the batch and freeze some for backup. We almost always run out!
These are so much fun to make with the kiddos during the holiday season. Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to whip up a batch of festive wreath cookies.
- Cover your countertop in parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the marshmallows. Stirring constantly.
- Once they’re mostly melted, add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Spoon mixture onto the parchment and form them into the desired wreath shape with your butter greased hands. Work carefully, it can be hot!
- Finish with a couple of cinnamon candies for decoration.
- Allow to dry completely and they will hold their shape.
- Store in an airtight container. I layered with parchment paper strips between them so they don’t stick to each other.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.