These delicious gluten-free chocolate brownies will be a crowd-pleaser – especially with the kids! Rich, moist and decadent, it is not only quick to put together but flop-proof too. The added bonus is the chocolate smell wafting from your kitchen, likely to last all day!
These delicious gluten-free chocolate brownies will be a crowd-pleaser – especially with the kids! Rich, moist and decadent, it is not only quick to put together but flop-proof too.
- ½ cup grass-fed unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate 85%
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 free-range eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8-in x 8-in dish.
2. Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place into a glass bowl. Add the butter and place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, allowing the butter and chocolate to melt gently. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
5. Ensure the chocolate has cooled (if it is still too warm, it will cook the eggs), then whisk the chocolate into the eggs until well-combined.
6. Tip the almond mixture into the chocolate-egg mixture and combine very well. Do not be alarmed if it looks grainy, this is normal.
7. Pour into the greased baking dish.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool, then slice into 9 equal squares.