These delicious gluten free chocolate brownies will be a crowd-pleaser – especially with the kids! Rich, moist and decadent, it is not only quick to put together but flop-proof too. The added bonus is the chocolate smell wafting from your kitchen, likely to last all day!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- ½ cup grass-fed unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate 85% — I like this one
- 1 cup almond flour — where to find
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 free-range eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F grease an 8-in x 8-in dish
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place into a glass bowl. Add the butter and place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, allowing the butter and chocolate to melt gently. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Ensure the chocolate has cooled (if it is still too warm, it will cook the eggs), then whisk the chocolate into the eggs until well-combined.
- Tip the almond mixture into the chocolate-egg mixture and combine very well. Do not be alarmed if it looks grainy, this is normal.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool, then slice into 9 equal squares.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies” with Google+