Once you get the hang of making sugar-free meringues, you can have a lot of fun piping different shapes. Here I made little snowmen which are pretty easy: simply pipe the meringue into two circles (one bigger than the other) to achieve a body and a head.
You can use any creative way to decorate them, like making a paste using Swerve and some food coloring, or you could buy ready-made cake icing ‘pens.’ These are usually made using sugar, but as you can see, they are in extremely small amounts, so go on – have fun!
Keep it light during the holiday and winter season with these sugar-free Keto Snowmen meringues. They are so much fun to make and decorate!
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 2.1 oz Swerve, confectioners
- Few drops peppermint essential oil
- Things to decorate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 230°F / 110°C.
3. Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a suitable nozzle.
4. Line two large trays with baking parchment paper. Use a small amount of the meringue mix to "glue" down the corners of parchment to the tray to keep them secure.
5. Pipe little snowmen shapes onto the trays by making fat little bodies (no bigger than 2” diameter) and smaller circles for the head, as pictured.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 210°F and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven to dry out in the residual heat until they have cooled completely.
7. Once cooled, decorate the snowmen as you wish. You could use very small-nozzle pastry-decorating-equipment to create eyes, nose, and even a scarf.
8. Carefully lift the snowmen from the parchment paper and store in a sealed container.
The decorations and mint essential oil are not included in the macro calculations.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3.9Sodium: 15mgProtein: 1g