When my kiddos catch a bug it never really slows them down. They continue to be on the go constantly! I am just running around after them trying to wipe a nose or cover a sneeze. So, that means that “sick days” are still filled with activities. That’s why I came up with this “happy kiddo” playdough recipe, to keep them happy and occupied.
Why did I chose to use Thieves and Lavender? Glad you asked!
Thieves essential oil: Thieves oil is a blend of five different therapeutic grade essential oils, including cinnamon, clove, lemon, eucalyptus, and rosemary. This combination offers immune support
Lavender essential oil: Lavender oil is a wonderful oil that helps bring a positive mood and a sense of relaxation
“Happy Kiddo Playdough” Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil — where to find
- 4 tablespoons cream of tartar — where to find
- Essential oils, we only use therapeutic grade essential oils, especially with our kiddos. You can find the kind we use HERE
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat
- Stir frequently to avoid it sticking or burning
- When it looks like playdough, it’s done!
- Divide the dough into balls and add Thieves to one ball and Lavender to the other. I just add oils until they are very fragrant — typically about 20-30 drops in each ball
- Store in an air tight container. I even keep mine in the fridge, it lasts for months!
- CLICK HERE to see my other fun playdough recipes
Please share this playdough recipe with all of your Mom friends out there, they will thank you when their kids are occupied for hours! 🙂
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.