I grew up brushing my teeth with the sweet flavored, brightly colored, fluoride-filled toothpaste that you find at your local store. Even though it was catered to kids, I hated the stuff. It always made me gag. I would get so excited to brush my teeth up at the cabin in the summers because I got to use my Grandma’s Shaklee toothpaste and my Grandpa’s water pik with Listerine. I liked the mild, herbal taste of those oral care products.
Once I dove into making my own self-care products, naturally, we had to make toothpaste too. We threw out the junk from the store, it’s just filled with chemicals made in a lab — and worst of all fluoride! Of course, being the lover of essential oils that I am, I had to use them in my recipe too. This essential oil brushing blend is not only soothing to your gums, but it also gives you crazy fresh breath!
Note: I only use therapeutic-grade essential oils. We are putting these in and on our body so I want to be reassured that they are of the best quality and able to be used internally.
- 2 drop Peppermint
- 2 drops Cinnamon
- 2 drops Clove
- 6 drops Lemon
- 2 tsp Almond oil
- small glass bottle, we reuse our old EO bottles or use bottles like THESE
- Mix all ingredients in a small glass bottle
- You must use a glass bottle because the lemon oil can eat through plastic
- Shake well before use
- Apply a few drops to your toothbrush and brush away
- We use this brushing blend in conjunction with my homemade toothpowder/paste to get a really effective tooth care regimen!
- *Note: do not use this with small children, they often swallow their toothpaste and this stuff is pretty hot for littles!
CLICK HERE to Pin this Post
Disclaimer: None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.