I’ve dreamt of a magical sleep potion that not only gets my kids to sleep on time, but also helps them wake up refreshed and NOT crabby. Well, after experimenting with my essential oils, I have not come up with a magical potion….but a cream! I apply it to my kiddos feet at night for occasional sleeplessness and to promote a more restful sleep. Mom wins this round!!! I call my creation “Sweet Dreams Cream”
Of course I had to share my recipe…
Note: I only use therapeutic grade essential oils, especially when using them on my kiddos. HERE is where I get my oils.
Sweet Dreams Cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil — I use this kind
- 1/2 cup shea butter — I use this kind
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil — where to find
- 15 drops each cedarwood and lavender — where to get your oils
- Melt first three ingredients in a double boiler
- Place in fridge to return to solid
- Whip with a hand mixer
- Add the essential oils and whip some more
- Once it’s nice and whipped, put your Sweet Dream Cream into a jar and you are all set
- Apply Sweet Dreams Cream to your kids feet at night (or to your own feet!)
- If you really want to give it a boost, stir in some magnesium oil
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.