So, here’s a little-known fact about me: I was dubbed “the Jell-O shot queen” in my college dorm. I’m going to rationalize it by saying that I wanted to get some gut-healing gelatin into all of my friends before we headed out to the house parties. Yes, that’s my story.
But, I have to admit, they were gooood! Now, I make them on the rare occasion that we actually stay up past 8:30 at night to enjoy an adult beverage. Just keep them away from the kiddos!
Much experimentation with different flavor combinations has led to the creation of Tequila Lime Gummies, which have now quickly become the favorite! Go ahead, make up a batch right now. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Tequila Lime Gummies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 4 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin powder (use coupon code REALFOOD10 for 10% off your entire order!)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey — where to find
- 20 drops lime essential oil*– where to find
*Note: I only use therapeutic grade essential oils, especially when taking them internally. You want to make sure you are getting a quality oil and not something tainted or diluted with fillers. HERE is the best kind on the market
- Heat 1/2 cup of water until bubbling
- In a glass jar combine gelatin and heated water, stir briskly to dissolve gelatin
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk until well combined
the reason why I add lime essential oil, as well as lime juice, is because it really makes the flavor POP!
- Pour into molds — like these
- Put molds into refrigerator until set, at least one hour
- We store them in a jar in the fridge. They last about one week
- Enjoy in moderation and don’t drive or operate heavy machinery after consuming these. Mmmkay?
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+