Ever since switching to a more Paleo traditional way of eating, we have been eating many more creative egg dishes. I try to make healthy variations of our old favorites. I love frittatas, and I also love pizza. Why couldn’t the two marry and become a frittata meatza?! Throw in some squash for added nutrition, fiber and bulk and we have a WINNER! These are also fun to make with kids because everyone gets to choose their own toppings.
These little heart muffins are so much fun to make with the kiddos and taste great too! Delicious, healthy, and perfect for a fun cooking time in the kitchen.
- Bake spaghetti squash.
- In a skillet, brown meat until its fully cooked.
- In a large bowl combine squash, meat, eggs and spices.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased muffin tins or heart silicon muffin cups (I prefer silicon because they are much easier to clean!).
- Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice in half.
- Top with pizza sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Place on a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat and bake at 425* for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Learn how to make your own homemade pizza sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
CLICK HERE to Pin this Recipe