You will love the massive flavors from this simple spread, which takes no time to throw together (15 minutes!). Here in Minnesota, cheese balls are a staple at every party, pot luck, or family gathering. This recipe is so simple!
Plus, I went one step further and spooned them into lined molds for a prettier presentation. Serve with gluten-free crackers and breadsticks or simply spread over gluten-free bread for a tasty snack for the kids. You might want to double the batch because these go fast! Keep extra in the fridge just in case!
When you need a quick appetizer to entertain guests or just a simple afternoon snack for the kids, you'll love this creamy, low carb ham and cheese ball spread.
1. Finely chop the cooked ham and grate the cheddar on the grater’s finest setting.
2. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and onion powder.
3. In the meantime, line 3 small molds with square sheets of plastic wrap.
4. Add the ham and cheese into the bowl of seasoned cream cheese and mix well to combine.
5. Spoon the mixture into the lined molds, tapping down on the kitchen counter to remove any air pockets. Depending on the size of your molds, you may use 2 larger ones or 4 very small ones.
6. Wrap up the plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes, which will help keep its shape a little more when you serve.
7. To serve, lift the little balls from the molds and wrap. Very gently place onto a serving board and garnish with plenty of chopped chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g