Packed with flavor, you will love these patties, which have been nicely spiced up using homemade taco seasoning. These turkey taco burgers can also be enjoyed on gluten-free buns if you like, so they aren’t just for those living low carb.
- Use chicken or ground beef in place of turkey!
- If you are steering clear of seed oils, use homemade mayonnaise.
Turkey Taco Burgers
Burgers don’t have to be unhealthy when you use turkey and skip the bread. They are so versatile and quick to throw together for a fast dinner during the week. This version uses southwest spices for a “taco” flavor. Add your favorite toppings, like sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, or olives.
- 10.6 oz ground turkey (we use Butcher Box meat)
- ½ TB chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of chili flakes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2-4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 4 TB mayonnaise
- 2 slices tomato
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, and oregano.
- Add the ground turkey into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle on the spice mix and mix well to combine. Use clean hands to divide the mixture into two large, flat patties. Place them onto the tray and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the delicious patties on top of iceberg lettuce leaves and top with mayonnaise and thick slices of ripe tomatoes. Top with red onion and dig in!
Learn to make your own homemade mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g