When I was a kid I did not like the taste of seafood! Crazy, right? My Mom would make amazing seafood chowder on Christmas Eve and I would request to have macaroni and cheese instead. Well, I finally outgrew that phase! Once I decided that I actually liked seafood, her seafood chowder quickly became a favorite. But, we only had it once a year on Christmas Eve.
Now that I am all grown-up, I can make it every day if I want!!! #winning. I have my Mom’s secret seafood chowder recipe and I want to share it with you because it is gooooood! Go ahead, make a double batch, and fill the freezer. I’ve definitely done that! This year I even used my shiny new Instant Pot to make the process even shorter. Seriously, go get one of these amazing machines right now!
You'll love this healthy, creamy seafood chowder. It's sooooo good! Go ahead, make a double batch and fill the freezer.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, tails removed
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh scallops
- 4 pollock fillets (diced)
- 3-4 (6.5oz) cans chopped clams with juice
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 4 c potatoes (4-5 potatoes), pre-cooked and cubed
- 2 c celery
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 pint organic heavy cream, preferably raw
- 1 package (8 oz) organic cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2-3 tsp tarragon
- Filtered water
- In a skillet saute bacon until it starts to brown.
- Then add the celery and onions over medium-high heat.
- In another pan, precook the shrimp, scallops, pollock, and pre-cooked potatoes. (I precooked my potatoes in my Instant Pot. It only took 7 minutes to cook them!)
- After the onions and celery are soft and the bacon is cooked, add in the other ingredients.
- Pour it all into a large stockpot.
- Add in heavy cream, cream cheese, clams with juice and spices.
- Now add in water to the desired thickness of the soup.
- Over low heat, let it cook until everything it fragrant and the soup is nice and creamy.
- Serve immediately. This soup also freezes very well!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.