Turmeric is a powerful fighter against inflammation and is high in anti-oxidants! This drink is a great way to simply ‘sip on goodness!’ It is great chilled or warm (although I prefer it warm). Add a little Swerve if you want to enjoy it sweeter without causing a spike in blood sugar!
High in anti-oxidants, this is a great way to simply ‘sip on goodness.’
- 1.2 oz fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (plus extra to serve, optional)
- 1 TB ground turmeric
- 4 cups water (approx. 1 liter)
- Prepare all the ingredients: peel and thinly slice the fresh ginger, slice the lemon, and weigh out the ground turmeric.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium saucepan and add the water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely for the flavors to infuse for at least 3 hours.
- Strain the cooled mixture through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth muslin/food grade muslin. Discard the contents in the sieve.
- Lovely when served chilled, but if you prefer it warm, simply reheat the mixture. Serve between 4 glasses and enjoy with a slice of lemon (optional).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.