Packed with flavor and beautiful colors, this salsa will be a hit at your next BBQ this summer. Put it out with some organic corn tortilla chips, and watch it disappear within minutes! The macros do not include the crackers you choose to serve this with but instead are based on a 3.5 oz / 100g serving.
- The dressing is the star of the show here, but if you think it might be too spicy for the kids, leave the cayenne pepper out of the dressing and do not include the jalapeno in the salsa.
- Rinsing the red kidney beans from the can juice is important.
- If you are using convenient frozen corn kernels, be sure to defrost them thoroughly before using.
This easy, savory salsa comes together in about 15 minutes. It makes for a tasty dip, side dish, or salad, or you can even add it to your favorite grilled protein. Great for summer potlucks & BBQs too!
- For the salsa:
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), finely chopped
- 7 oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 oz canned corn, drained
- 7 oz baby plum tomatoes
- Handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- Corn tortilla chips, to serve (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the salsa ingredients (apart from the tortilla chips) in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, whisk the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, then pour over the salsa and mix well to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 (3.5 oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1.5gSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g