When it comes to cookbooks, I have a soft spot for the ones that focus on saving time without compromising on nutrition or taste. My fellow foodie blogger friend Arsy Vfrom Rubies & Radishes has a brand new cookbook that is right up my alley, and I’m so excited I get to share it with you!
One of my favorite tools for real food living? The slow cooker, actually more specifically, my Instant Pot (pressure cooker and slow cooker all in one!). This is the tool that Arsy is tackling in her latest ebook, Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes. Each recipe is perfect for when you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, but still want a nourishing, delicious meal at the end of the day (and a kitchen that smells amazing!). Better yet, each recipe is pure paleo – no grains, dairy, sugar, natural sweeteners, legumes or alcohol to be found.
And Real Food RN readers are in for a special treat! Order this book with the code REALFOODRN30 and get 30% off the listed price!
Just to give you a taste of what Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes is all about, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite recipes from the book – Slow Cooker Meatza-Mess! This super flavorful recipe can be topped with almost anything, and it great for households with a variety of palates.
Also, be sure to check out her other amazing cookbooks. I have them all!
- The Paleo Foodie Cookbook: 120 Food Lover’s Recipes for Healthy, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Delicious Meals
Slow Cooker Meatza-Mess from Real Food Slow Cooker Recipe
Author: Arsy Vartanian
- 12 ounces Italian sausage (Paleo-friendly), chopped
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce jar pizza sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Fresh basil, jalapeño and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Place Italian sausage, olives, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, artichoke hearts, garlic and pizza sauce in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 3 hours. I actually only use my Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting now, crock pots can leach lead!
- Add the spinach and cook for an additional hour
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the meatza-mess from the slow cooker
- Top with fresh basil, jalapeño and red pepper flakes and serve
Don’t forget to grab a copy of Real Food Slow Cooker Recipe to get more of these amazing and deliciously simple recipes!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share “Slow Cooker Meatza-Mess from Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes ” on Google+