Have you given birth lately?
If you have, then you are pretty aware of the pain “down there”. Luckily, over time the memory of the pain associated with birth fades — that’s probably one of the reasons why we continue to have babies, am I right?!
Luckily I was told by a friend to stick some maxi pads into the freezer for postpartum pain relief. Well, I took that advice and hacked it a little bit to make it even better: postpartum padsicles!
I wish I had known this trick with my first two births! Back then I was given witch hazel pads to help relieve inflammation and told to take my NSAIDS around the clock. Well if you like taking synthetic medications, that’s all well and good. I don’t.
So I combined the anti-inflammatory witch hazel, with the frozen pads, and added a special bonus: ClaraDerm Spray. If you have not heard of ClaraDerm Spray, then you need to go and get some right now. It will quickly become your BFF. I brought 2 bottles of it along to the hospital in my suitcase, because, you know, birth = crotch pain and ClaraDerm Spray = relief.
ClaraDerm Spray is a soothing blend of Lavender, Frankincense, and other essential oils. It is expertly formulated to relieve occasional skin irritations. And oh baby, it sure does!
You get a cooling, soothing, magical maxi pad when these padsicles are all said and done.
- 1 box of Chlorine Free Maxi Pads* — where to find
- 1 bottle of witch hazel — where to find
- ClaraDerm Spray — I get this through Young Living, you can learn more HERE
*Note: I HIGHLY recommend that you do not buy the maxi pads from the store shelves, unless they carry chlorine free. The standard maxi pads are filled with chemicals and fragrance and you do not need that toxic burden on your body, especially on a highly vascular region that is trying to heal!
- Pour witch hazel directly onto the pad until it is about half soaked, don’t overdo it or the padsicle will be rock hard!
- Place pad into freezer
- Make a few at a time so you always have some on hand
- When ready to use, spray the ClaraDerm spray directly onto the pad, or onto your vaginal area (I do both!)
- Place the padsicle into your undies, like you would when using a maxi pad for other purposes
- Finally, sit back and enjoy relief from your padsicles!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- In addition, find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)