Have you given birth lately?
If you have, then you are pretty aware of the pain “down there.” Luckily, over time the memory of the pain associated with birth fades — that’s probably one of the reasons why we continue to have babies, am I right?!
Luckily, I was told by a friend to stick some maxi pads into the freezer for postpartum pain relief. Well, I took that advice and hacked it a little bit to make it even better: postpartum padsicles!
I wish I had known this trick with my first two births! Back then I was given witch hazel pads to help relieve inflammation and told to take my NSAIDS around the clock. Well, if you like taking synthetic medications, that’s all well and good. I don’t.
So, I combined the anti-inflammatory witch hazel, with the frozen pads, and added a special bonus: ClaraDerm Spray. If you have not heard of ClaraDerm Spray, then you need to go and get some right now. It will quickly become your BFF. I brought 2 bottles of it along to the hospital in my suitcase, because, you know, birth = crotch pain and ClaraDerm Spray = relief.
ClaraDerm Spray is a soothing blend of Lavender, Frankincense, and other essential oils. It is expertly formulated to relieve occasional skin irritations. And oh baby, it sure does!
You get a cooling, soothing, magical maxi pad when these padsicles are all said and done.
Even you've recently given birth, then you will find so much relief from your padsicles.
- Pour witch hazel directly onto the pad until it is about half soaked, don’t overdo it or the padsicle will be rock hard!
- Place pad into freezer.
- Make a few at a time so you always have some on hand.
- When ready to use, spray the ClaraDerm spray directly onto the pad, or onto your vaginal area (I do both!).
- Place the padsicle into your undies, like you would when using a maxi pad for other purposes.
- Finally, sit back and enjoy relief from your padsicles!
I HIGHLY recommend that you do not buy the maxi pads from the store shelves unless they carry chlorine-free. The standard maxi pads are filled with chemicals and fragrance, and you do not need that toxic burden on your body, especially in a highly vascular region that is trying to heal!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- In addition, find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)