We celebrate every holiday to the fullest in our house, and we especially like to celebrate by covering every part of the house with decorations. But, even though it is tempting, we don’t like to buy all the cute trinkets in the dollar section at Target to decorate our house with. No, thank you, Made in China chemicals!
Instead, we like to make our own. This year, we decided to make the onion eggs because the kids wanted to learn how to dye eggs using onion skins. So much fun, and honestly, some of the most beautiful eggs we have ever created. This is such a fun Easter activity to do with your kids.
- Rubber bands
- Peel onion and place the skins in a pile.
- Wrap each egg in onion skin, covering the entire egg.
- Wrap egg and onion skin with cheesecloth and secure it with a rubber band.
- Bring water to a boil and lower the wrapped egg into the water. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the water.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove eggs and let cool completely.
- Unwrap and enjoy.
CLICK HERE to Pin this Recipe