Words fail us at just how delicious this Low Carb Key Lime Pie is. An ideal low-carb dessert option. It has the refreshing taste of lime, with an added ingredient to make the flavor really pop! Very refreshing, satisfying, and made without sugar so you can enjoy it guilt-free!
Low Carb Key Lime Pie has the refreshing taste of lime with an added ingredient to make the flavor really pop! Very refreshing, satisfying, and made without sugar so you can enjoy it guilt-free!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 0.7 oz Swerve® confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.4 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 7 oz full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup Swerve® confectioner’s sweetener
- Juice and zest of 4 limes
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 TB hot water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, to garnish
- 10 drops lime vitality essential oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, confectioner’s sweetener together in a bowl. Whisk the vanilla essence into the melted butter and add to the almond flour, mixing well.
3. Press the mixture down into a medium-size, round springform tin (7-inches in diameter) compacting down in a firm, even layer.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely.
5. Combine the cream cheese, confectioner’s sweetener, lime EO, the zest and lime juice in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
6. Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and keep aside.
7. Whisk the heavy cream to semi-stiff peaks, then add the gelatin (which should have cooled slightly) and whip to stiff peaks. This addition of gelatin stabilizes the cream.
8. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese/lime mixture and pour into the baking tin on top of the crust. Place in the fridge to chill completely (even better if its overnight).
9. To serve, remove the pie from the tin and peel away any parchment. Garnish your Low Carb Key Lime Pie with finely grated lime zest and cut into 8 decadently delicious slices.
When you shop at Perfect Supplements, use coupon code REALFOOD for 10% off your entire order.
We only use therapeutic grade essential oils when adding them to recipes, learn more here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gCarbohydrates: 7.2gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 5.4g
You are going to LOVE the flavor boost that adding essential oils gives to your recipes if you want to learn more…
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)