This colorful keto pork and avocado salad is dressed with a simple mixture of wholegrain mustard and olive oil. If you do not have wholegrain mustard on hand, Dijon mustard is a great alternative to complement the pork, but I like the texture of the mustard seeds in the wholegrain mustard!
- Diced, cooked chicken pieces can be used here in place of pork loin steaks.
- Much like apples or other fruit, if the avocados are prepped too far in advance, they will oxidize and start to brown. This can be prevented by squeezing a little lemon juice over them. Since this salad is so speedy, it is unlikely that will happen here.
You don’t need much time to whip up this delicious, filling salad. You’ll love how the creamy avocado complements the savory pork. It’s so refreshing and flavorful!
- 2 pork loin steaks (we use Butcher Box meat)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB olive oil, for cooking the pork
- 3.2 oz baby spinach
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 TB olive oil, for the dressing
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- Season both sides of the pork loin steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick pan and fry the pork over medium-high heat until golden on the outside and sufficiently cooked through. (If you are in doubt whether it has cooked through safely, slice off a piece – it should no longer be pink in the middle.) Set aside to rest for several minutes.
- Divide the baby spinach, tomato wedges, and chopped avocado between two bowls. Top with the sliced red onion.
- Whisk together the olive oil and wholegrain mustard.
- Once the pork has rested, slice it into cubes and scatter over the salad. Season the salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle the mustard dressing generously over the salad!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 780Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g