Is there really anything better than a delicious, flavorful, creamy soup? Ever since I purchased our Instant Pot a few years back, it has been cooking up a storm in our kitchen, and soup is one of the main features! SO easy for this work-from-home mom of three! It’s so easy even my husband can do it!
This recipe can be made in a stock pot if you don’t have an Instant Pot. I like to use my IP because it cooks those veggies in two minutes. No waiting around for meals in this house. *wink*
This particular soup has so many wonderful health promoting ingredients and has quickly become a family favorite. It is gut healing, full of vitamins and minerals, high in protein, and deeeelish! I hope your family loves it as much as we do! Who knew they could love kale soup?!
Instant Pot Creamy White Cheddar, Chicken Sausage, and Kale Soup
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 4 organic carrots, diced
- 4 ribs organic celery, diced
- 1 organic sweet onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3lbs organic potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 2 quarts bone broth
- 2 cups organic half and half
- 3 Tbsp Cassava Flour — where to find
- 8 ounces shredded raw cheddar cheese
- 3 (12 oz) spicy chicken sausage, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (more if you’d like)
- 3 large handfuls organic kale, chopped
- In your Instant Pot on the saute setting, melt butter and add carrots, celery, and onion.
- Saute until veggies are softened.
- Add in bay leaf and thyme, stir until fragrant.
- Add in potatoes and bone broth.
- Put the cover on your Instant Pot and cook on the manual setting for 2 minutes, potatoes should be tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour together with half and half.
- When the potatoes and other ingredients are done cooking, transfer to a large stock pot.
- Add in half and half.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until about half of the soup is blended.
- Stir in cheese, sausage, salt & pepper to taste, garlic powder, and kale.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until it thickens a bit.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, chopped chives, sour cream, or bacon bits.
- Enjoy your Instant Pot Creamy White Cheddar, Chicken Sausage, and Kale Soup.
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share “Instant Pot Creamy White Cheddar, Chicken Sausage, and Kale Soup” on Google+