Is there really anything better than a delicious, flavorful, creamy soup? Ever since I purchased our Instant Pot a few years back, it has been cooking up a storm in our kitchen, and soup is one of the main features! SO easy for this work-from-home mom of four! It’s so easy even my husband can do it!
This recipe can be made in a stockpot if you don’t have an Instant Pot. I like to use my IP because it cooks those veggies in two minutes. No waiting around for meals in this house. *wink*
This particular soup has so many wonderful health-promoting ingredients and has quickly become a family favorite. It is gut healing, full of vitamins and minerals, high in protein, and deeeelish! I hope your family loves it as much as we do! Who knew they could love kale soup?!
This creamy soup has so many wonderful health-promoting ingredients and has quickly become a family favorite.
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 4 organic carrots, diced
- 4 ribs organic celery, diced
- 1 organic sweet onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3lbs organic potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 2 quarts bone broth
- 2 cups organic half and half
- 3 Tbsp Cassava Flour
- 8 ounces shredded raw cheddar cheese
- 3 (12 oz) spicy chicken sausage, diced (you could use pork sausage instead)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (more if you'd like)
- 3 large handfuls organic kale, chopped
- In your Instant Pot on the saute setting, melt butter and add carrots, celery, and onion.
- Saute until veggies are softened.
- Add in bay leaf and thyme, stir until fragrant.
- Add in potatoes and bone broth.
- Put the cover on your Instant Pot and cook on the manual setting for 2 minutes, potatoes should be tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour together with half and half.
- When the potatoes and other ingredients are done cooking, transfer to a large stock pot.
- Add in half and half.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until about half of the soup is blended.
- Stir in cheese, sausage, salt & pepper to taste, garlic powder, and kale.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until it thickens a bit.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, chopped chives, sour cream, or bacon bits.
- Enjoy your Instant Pot Creamy White Cheddar, Chicken Sausage, and Kale Soup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.