Lip-smacking and delicious, this cauliflower pizza is hiding so much fiber in its crust (which is made from cauliflower), your family will never know of your sneaky replacement. Use whichever toppings you wish, we went for a simple but delicious fresh tomato and mozzarella – not forgetting the basil leaves (which should only be added moments before you eat).
It’s advised you dust off the food processor because once your family has tasted this pizza, you will be blitzing cauliflower every day! Rich and filling, this pizza will comfortably serve two, so double up the ingredients if you are cooking for a family. There is also no need to make it into a pizza pan; a large, flat roasting tray will work just as well.
The recipe below makes one pizza, but I highly recommend you double it up and make two (but as with normal pizzas, make them one at a time in the oven).
Lip-smacking and delicious, this cauliflower pizza is hiding so much fiber in its crust (which is made from cauliflower), your family will never know of your sneaky replacement.
- 10.5 oz riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2.8 oz almond flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 very small eggs / 1 large egg
- 5.3 oz grated mozzarella
- 3.5 oz sliced tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a large, shallow bowl and cook in the microwave for 6 minutes on high. You can also roast it in the oven, it just takes longer. Remove and set aside to steam dry and cool.
- Once cooled, stir in the oregano, garlic powder, almond flour, and salt. Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture. Combine well.
- Tip the mixture onto a greased pizza pan (or regular roasting pan) lined with baking paper. Use a spatula and clean hands to evenly flatten the mixture and shape into a large disc, approximately just under 1/4-inch high. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread most of the mozzarella on the pizza base. Top with the sliced tomatoes and scatter over the remaining mozzarella. Return to the oven until the cheese bubbles, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and top with a few fresh basil leaves. Slice and enjoy!
- I also have a recipe for personal pan cauliflower pizzas if you want to check that one out, it's slightly different.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 593Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 1.6mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 8.7gSugar: 7.8gProtein: 36g