You will love this delicious salad, which is really just a fancy chicken salad! The mayonnaise is enhanced with freshly minced/crushed garlic – and the chicken mayo element has chopped, dried cranberries folded throughout. Sweet and tangy!
- To shave off more time, simply use store-bought cooked chicken pieces.
- A garlic press is the quickest, most efficient way to get the best crushed texture from a garlic clove.
- The dried cranberries get chopped smaller to ensure a little goes a long way. Dried cranberries often contain added sugar, so this naughty trick will keep the carbs lower.
Add a punch of flavor to a typical boring mayo-based chicken salad when you try this garlicky chicken salad recipe. You can add it to a bowl of lettuce for a hearty salad, make a sandwich with gluten-free bread, or just eat it as is for lunch, a snack, or a light dinner.
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and deboned (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus an additional 1 TB
- 3.5 oz mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with a garlic press
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.7 oz dried cranberries, chopped smaller
- 2 little gem lettuce, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- Heat the teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the chicken breasts on both sides until golden and caramelized.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven to finish cooking through, approx. 20 minutes. When done, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then chop into smaller, bite-size pieces. Leave to cool.
- Place the mayonnaise into a medium bowl and use a garlic press to crush the garlic into the mayo.
- Add the cooled, diced chicken and chopped cranberries.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Toss the thinly sliced lettuce with the tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt.
- Arrange the dressed lettuce on two plates or salad bowls. Divide equal amounts of the chicken mayo mixture onto the plates and finish with a scattering of chopped parsley.
Learn to make your own mayo here.
Add some crunch with celery, green onion, or pickles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 53g