This interesting breakfast option uses cauliflower as a base but still includes the all-important bacon and eggs! Both red and green peppers are snuck in there too, which is a great way to get the kids to eat more vegetables. The addition of ricotta and cheddar cheese is pure indulgence, meaning this perfectly keto breakfast will keep you satisfied well into the day!
- You can buy ready-riced cauliflower, but the flavor of ricing fresh florets yourself is advised.
- Portion these into 6 pieces and wrap them up before freezing.
- These can be enjoyed any time of the day – and are especially good with a drizzle of Sriracha!
You won’t even miss potatoes with this creamy, savory breakfast casserole. It’s high in protein and low in carbs, so it’ll keep you full until your next meal. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Pair it with a side salad, gluten-free baked goods, or fruit for a complete meal.
- 1 TB olive oil
- 8.8 oz smoked bacon, finely chopped (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 12.3 oz cauliflower florets, blitzed into ‘rice’
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 8.8 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan (preferably a wok) and add the bacon lardons. Cook over medium heat for several minutes, then add the shallots and both bell peppers, cooking until the vegetables soften.
- Add in the cauliflower ‘rice’ – along with the butter – and increase the heat to high. Cook the mixture until the cauliflower softens and starts to caramelize, approx. 7-8 minutes, stirring continuously. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in half the grated cheddar cheese to melt in. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, add the ricotta to the bowl of whisked egg and whisk until smooth and free of lumps. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper and tip into the cauli-veg mix until combined uniformly.
- Pour it into a greased baking dish (like a lasagne dish) and sprinkle on the remaining grated cheddar.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Serve portioned into 6 pieces!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 1320mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g