This indulgent appetizer is almost too easy! Use the best quality round of Camembert you can find and throw this together in no time when guests pop in. Having a packet of gluten-free crackers in the pantry helps too! You can use any small, deep dish to bake the Camembert, or just put a Camembert baker on your Christmas wish list! The macros were calculated for four people.
- Rounds of Camembert sometimes split in the oven, spilling out their glorious oozy cheese, but often they don’t. You can give it a little help by slicing into the side just before serving.
- I used a no-added-sugar strawberry jam to balance out the salty Camembert, but you can use any low-sugar jam you have on hand. To keep with the holiday theme, why not make your own spiced cranberry jam?
- These are best enjoyed immediately, just be sure to warn your guests so that both the cheese and the dish it is served in will be piping hot!
If you want to impress guests at a holiday party or special gathering with a luxurious appetizer, then try this baked Camembert cheese round with jam and nuts. It’s super easy, quick to throw together, and tastes amazing! You can also decorate it for any party theme with seasonal fruits, nuts, crackers, and décor.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (200°C).
- Place the round of Camembert into a suitable baking dish and make a small incision on the top. Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the flaked almonds in a hot, dry pan until golden. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
- Top the baked round with jam and toasted almonds and serve immediately with plenty of gluten-free crackers. If the Camembert has not spilled out any oozy cheese, make an incision or two in the side to help it along. I advise doing this after bringing it to the table because it soon turns into a hot mess!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 6gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g