I brew four gallons of kombucha every week for my family, and in the spirit of the fall season, I decided to add some spice to our brew! I really love all the scents and flavors of fall, so what could be more fitting than apple spice kombucha?! This goes great with Thanksgiving dinner! We enjoy drinking kombucha every day!!!
- 1 large glass jar
- 1 long wooden spoon
- 1 plastic funnel
- 6 glass jars that can withstand pressure
- Cotton towel
- 4-6 apple-flavored black tea bags
- 1 gallon filtered water
- 1 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 6 Tbsp fresh organic apple juice
- 18 whole clove
- 1 SCOBY
- 3/4 cup prepared kombucha (you can buy it at your local health food store)
1. Brew one gallon of tea using the water and tea bags.
2. Pour into a large glass jar.
3. Add sugar to tea.
4. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
5. Let sweetened tea cool to room temp.
6. Add SCOBY and 3/4 cup kombucha, the kombucha balances the pH.
7. Cover with a clean cotton towel and secure with a rubber band so no critters can get in.
8. Let sit on the counter for 1-2 weeks, covered (Note: the fermentation process will happen faster if you live in a warmer climate).
9. Periodically, taste the kombucha with a clean spoon. If it's still sweet, it's not ready. Once it is sour, you are ready for the second ferment.
The Second Ferment:
10. Pour 2 tablespoons of apple juice into each jar using the funnel, top off the jars with kombucha.
11. Put 3 cloves into each jar.
12. Cover tightly.
13. Set on the counter, covered, and let ferment for up to 1 week. This produces carbonation.
14. Store in the fridge. It will last a few weeks.
15. Reuse the SCOBY for another batch, just keep it in a glass jar in the fridge submerged in kombucha.
- Raw Kombucha
- Organic SCOBY
- Whole Cloves
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Apple Black Tea Bags
- Cotten Towel Set
- Cap Beer Bottles
- Plastic Funnel Set
- Stainless Funnel
- Bamboo Wooden Spoon Set
- Large Glass 1/2 Gallon Jar
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.