When I went to school at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition one of the first recipes we learned was called “Massage your kale salad“. We learned to make a salad by massaging our kale. Sounds strange, right? It’s anything but strange, it’s brilliant! Have you ever just eaten a piece of kale? Not the most amazing snack in the world: kind of woody, unusual flavor. Well, add in some tasty toppings, a little dressing, and a brief massage and you will have something so delicious that you will bring it to every potluck you go to. I do. By request. Always!
Plus, Kale is a superfood that everyone should be eating. Just give this a read to find out why we love kale so much!
Kale Salad Recipe
- 8 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
- 3/4 cup raw blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup almonds (slivered, candied, spiced, whichever your prefer)
- 1/2 cup organic cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil — we use this kind
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar — where to find
- Pinch sea salt — where to find
- Remove ribs from kale and roughly chop the leaves
- Put kale into a large salad bowl, like this
- Put olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a jar, cover and shake it until they are well combined
- Pour the dressing over the kale
- Sprinkle in salt
- Using your hands, massage the kale for about 1 minute to soften it a bit
- Wash your hands
- Toss in cranberries, blue cheese, and almonds
- Serve immediately. I use these awesome salad tongs!
- This salad is actually really tasty the next day too, if you have any left over
- Bring this to every potluck you go to. It is always a crowd pleaser. It’s the salad I bring along every time!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+