I am willing to bet you have tried at least one buttermint at a wedding. I am also willing to bet that you could not eat just one! I LOVE them, I don’t stop until they are all gone. Of course in my on-going adventures of healthifying every recipe on the planet, I just had to come up with a recipe for healthy buttermints! I have been eating these like crazy during my pregnancy too. Hey, healthy fats in coconut butter and grass-fed are excellent for brain development! Healthy Buttermints! I think I’ll go have another….
- 1/2 cup coconut butter — where to find
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 2-3 Tbsp raw honey — where to find
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil — we only use therapeutic grade oils in our food, you can find them HERE
- Coconut oil for greasing molds — where to find
- Candy molds — like these
- Melt coconut butter and butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Remove from heat and add in honey, vanilla, and peppermint oil
- Grease your candy molds with coconut oil
- Using a spoon, scoop the “batter” into molds
- Place into the fridge until firm
- Pop out of candy molds and enjoy!
- I like to store them in a jar in the fridge or freezer for a nice cool and pepperminty treat
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)