Delicious keto waffles using organic coconut flour and my favorite: Swerve confectioner’s sugar. I enjoyed mine warm with a dusting of extra sweetener and topped with blueberries. You can play around with flavors, adding cinnamon, cocoa or vanilla – I have even seen some people add instant coffee granules!
Depending on the size of your waffle maker, this recipe could make 3 medium ones or 2 large ones. I advise you to use the recipe below filling your waffle maker as you see fit and double the recipe once you get the hang of it.
Be sure to grease the waffle maker very generously, and do as I did, open it about a minute or two after the waffle maker indicates that it’s ready. My first batch stuck because I was too eager to open and take a peak. Sadly, there is no saving them after they have stuck. Enjoy!
- 2.1 oz coconut flour
- 3 TB Swerve confectioner’s sugar, plus additional to dust
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 medium pastured eggs, whisked
- 5.6 oz unsweetened almond milk, plus extra if needed
- 2.1 oz cream cheese
- 1.4 oz grass-fed unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup blueberries, to serve
- Mix the coconut flour, sweetener, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, and cream cheese together. Add the melted butter, whisking continuously, then pour into the flour mixture until well combined. Leave to stand for a minute and add a dash more almond milk to loosen, if necessary.
- Heat a greased waffle maker, and once hot, pour in the batter and cook until crispy and holding its shape.
- Remove carefully and serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sweetener and top with blueberries.
- You can quadruple the batch and freeze a bunch of these little delights to make freezer keto waffles! Then toast them up just like Eggo waffles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 0.9mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 8.1gSugar: 5.6gProtein: 10g