Sponsored post: This post was created as part of the #LivingNowFoods 30 Day Gluten Free Challenge in which I am a financially compensated blogger ambassador for Living NOW Foods. The opinions are my own and based on my own experience.
My husband and I met in college, the fall of sophomore year. We didn’t have much money but we managed to scrape enough together every once in a while to go out to the fanciest restaurant in town……Red Lobster! We were pretty sneaky with our spending too: soup, split an entree, and endless cheddar bay biscuits. We may or may not have slipped a few of those delicious cheddar bay biscuits in my purse and taken them home. Oh I loved those little cheesy bits of goodness. Well, now we are gluten free which pretty much eliminates all forms of bread, including biscuits. Until now! I went ahead and came up with a gluten free cheddar bay biscuit recipe. So exciting that I want to stuff them all in my purse!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (if you can’t find it locally, you can order it here)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour — we LOVE this brand
- 2 pastured eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2/3 cup grated grass-fed cheddar (if you can’t find it locally, you can order it here)
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, water, milk and salt
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat
- Stir in tapioca flour until a paste forms, do not over mix. The tapioca creates an amazing texture to these biscuits that I honestly like better that the texture of the white flour gluten biscuits
- Leave it sit for 10 minutes, or until cool
- Stir in beaten eggs, garlic, parsley, and cheddar until well combined, again do not over mix — the texture will be lumpy like cottage cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375°F
- Makes about 20 biscuits, depending on the size
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
This post was created as part of the #LivingNowFoods 30 Day Gluten Free Challenge in which I am a financially compensated blogger ambassador for Living NOW Foods. The opinions are my own and based on my own experience.