I grew up eating mashed potatoes with lots of butter and sour cream. Oh boy were they good. They made me happy….and now I know why! Blood sugar spike! The white mashed potatoes are just like eating candy. Now that we have basically adopted a Paleo lifestyle, I had to find a replacement for my potatoes. Well, I found one that is not only delicious, but also nice to the old blood sugar. Cauliflower fauxtatoes to the rescue.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 6 Tbsp grass-fed butter (more or less, depending on how much you love butter) (we use this kind)
- salt and pepper to taste (we use this salt)
- Steam the cauliflower
- In a food processor, puree the cauliflower until nice and creamy
- Add butter, salt and pepper and continue to blend until well combined
- Serve immediately
- This also freezes well in individual pyrex containers, for a quick grab-and-go lunch idea!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
If you enjoyed this post, please +1 and share below