This is a lovely fresh, meat-free salad to enjoy on its own or as part of a BBQ spread as an accompanying side dish. Try and source the best feta cheese you can afford because it brings plenty of salty flavor to balance out all the elements.
- If you cannot source red kidney beans, you can use any mixed beans. Some brands of mixed beans even include chickpeas, which are a great source of protein.
This kidney bean salad is perfect when you want to change up your salad routine and need a super quick and easy recipe to throw together. In just 15 minutes, you’ll have a hearty salad that you can add as a side dish to your meal or make an entrée by adding your favorite protein.
- Boil the corn for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Place the pea shoots, corn kernels, petit pois, and drained beans in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive and a generous squeeze of lime. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss well to combine and finish with a scattering of cilantro leaves and crumbled feta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 14gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g