When the weather cools down, everything turns into a pumpkin recipe! We like to keep them healthy over here, and who doesn't love a healthy cookie?!
These are so easy to whip up, they freeze well, and there is no shame loading these into little lunchboxes! My kids love these cookies as a healthy treat! Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies have become a cool-weather favorite recipe in our house!
The best part is that they are filled with vitamins, fiber, healthy fats, and flavor. They are NOT filled with gluten, dairy, or sugar. A great treat for anyone who is trying to avoid, or who cannot eat grains or dairy!
- For the cookie:
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp unsulfured molasses
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- For the icing (optional):
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 (5.4 oz) can coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto Silpat lined baking sheets.
4. If you want them chewy, leave them in the ball shape (they will flatten a little). If you want them crispy, flatten them with the bottom of a drinking glass.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet.
7. Store in an airtight container (preferably in the fridge), they last up to one week. They also freeze well!
8. Now, if you wish to ice these cookies to make them sweeter (and a little less healthy), follow the recipe above and drizzle it over the cookies using a spoon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Aluminum Baking Sheet Pan
Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
Stainless Steel Scoop
Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Perfect Supplement Coconut Oil
Coconut Palm Sugar
Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
Organic Pumpkin Puree
If you want to find a great resource that has all of the best Paleo ingredients all in one place, you can check it out HERE. Thrive Market put together the best of the best and then offers them for a fraction of the cost, and its delivered to your door! We order from them every single month!