This is a great easy salad to throw together. I give the option to partially cook/dry out the halved cherry tomatoes, which intensifies their sweetness.
- Lamb’s lettuce is a very mild-tasting leaf and is lovely in salads! They are so pretty too!
- If you would like to add more protein for a more substantial meal, you could add cooked prawns, boiled eggs, or leftovers from your Sunday chicken roast.
Put a twist on a classic Italian appetizer salad, the Caprese salad, by adding lamb's lettuce and pine nuts. Make it a heartier dish by adding your favorite protein, like chicken, steak, or shrimp. Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spread the tomatoes out on a small baking tray and sprinkle on a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to partially dry out and caramelize a little. Remove and set aside.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts in a hot, dry pan until golden. Set aside.
- Arrange the lamb’s lettuce and basil leaves in two plates or salad bowls.
- Tear the fresh mozzarella into smaller pieces and add to the plates along with the tomatoes.
- Make a quick salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads and finish with a scattering of the toasted pine nuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g