Keto English Muffins in two minutes! And if we are going to do it just like our friends across the pond, we may as well add jam and cream. And yes – this is possible on keto!
I made a super-fast jam out of blueberries (most keto- friendly fruit) and simply whipped up cream. Start with the blueberry jam, as you need it to cool before using. The muffins are so quick that you’ll blink, and they are done! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or snack!
Keto English Muffins with Blueberry Jam & Cream
Yield: Makes 2 Muffins
- 2.8 oz blueberries
- 3.2 oz whipping cream
- 2.1 oz cashew butter, melted — where to find
- 0.7 oz grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp almond flour — where to find
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp Swerve confectioner’s sweetener — where to find
- Place the blueberries into a small pan with ½ tablespoon water and cook over moderate heat. Crush them lightly and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, and you are left with a thick, chunky jam. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream to semi-firm peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted cashew butter and melted butter together. Whisk in the egg (only if the butter isn’t piping hot, else the eggs will scramble).
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and Swerve in a bowl. Mix well to combine, then add to the butter/egg mixture. Combine well and divide between two greased microwave-safe mugs or ramekins (we used a microwave-safe Tupperware the same size as a ramekin). I prefer NOT to use plastic or microwaves, but when creating this recipe my ramekins were being used. This is the rare recipe that actually works out the best when you use a microwave. So, it occasionally slips in. 80/20, ya know?
- Making one at a time, place in the center of the microwave, and cook on high for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice and enjoy your Keto English Muffin with the blueberry jam and cream… and tea of course!